From The Dim Future Wiki
A character is an intelligent being in the world of the game. Characters are permanents.
Characters have the following properties in addition to the properties of all permanents:
|Attack||1||The amount of damage this character deals when it performs a combat action.|
|Speed||1||The number of areas the character can move in a single movement action. |
Characters have an implied ability to make Movement Actions. See Movement Action and Combat for more information about that.
In addition, characters have the following implied abilities:
- : At the beginning of your next restore phase, if this character is on the area target installation is associated with and there are no characters controlled by other players on that area, gain control of target installation. This ability has range 0 and is played as a slow action.
- : At the beginning of your next restore phase, if this character is on the target area and there are no characters controlled by other players on that area, gain control of target area. This ability has range 0 and is played as a slow action. 
- At the beginning of your restore phase, remove all movement counters from this character.
- The combat action
Leaders are a type of character.
- ↑ Speed is almost always 1.
- ↑ Taking control of an area does not give you it's restore energy. See Restore energy.